Risk Director, LLC represents Robert Phelan as “Consultant,” who has been a Chief Risk Officer and Senior Management Executive for over 30 years. The objective of the company is to provide an independent assessment on any risk function (Market/Portfolio Risk, Credit Risk, Operational Risk, Fraud Frisk, Cybersecurity Risk, Bank Regulatory Compliance, Anti-Money Laundering, OFAC Sanctions , and Financial Risk) by evaluating business/risk strategy, data, processes, models, reporting, and governance.
Fees are based on the length of an assignment, and all terms are subject to negotiation for specific circumstances. RiskDirector, LLC provides high value, high impact recommendations with training and ongoing support at much lower costs than other options.
Rates (excluding travel):
- The first four hours are billed to new clients at the rate of $500 per hour.
- Assignments exceeding four (4) hours will be billed at a daily rate of $2,800 per day (8 hours).
- Weekly (5 consecutive days) will be billed at the discounted rate of $10,000 per week.
- Post-assignment consultation is available via retainer at the rate of $1,000 per quarter for up to three (3) hours of work, and excess hours will be billed at the rate of $300.00 per hour.
The above rates exclude any travel costs. Considerable savings can be achieved by combining on-site engagements with off-site analysis and communication through telephone, video, e-mail, and PowerPoint presentations. All material shared with RiskDirector, LLC will be subject to the Client’s non-disclosure agreement.
If the work requires travel to a client’s site, the following process applies:
- RiskDirector, LLC will confirm the Client’s travel guidelines.
- The Consultant will then arrange for reasonable air/train travel, lodging, meals, and local transportation in accordance with Client’s travel guidelines (including 57.5 cents per mile for the use of the Consultant’s vehicle if required).
- RiskDirector, LLC will bill Client for such costs incurred by the Consultant.
- RiskDirector, LLC will not charge for Consultant’s travel time to Client.
Recent Examples of RiskDirector Assignments
Assisted in an Operational Risk system conversion, including assessing OpRisk reporting, risk taxonomy, risk drivers with scenario analysis, and models for forecasted OpRisk expense estimates for a Washington D.C. mortgage company.
Provided a full risk audit and delivered ten strong recommendations for credit decision management, supervising acquisition teams, regulatory compliance on AML and KYC, and customer management and collection processes for private equity payment start-ups.
Reviewed the Enterprise Risk Management functions for several large asset management firms. Reviewed risk policies, committee charters, risk taxonomy, credit risk models, portfolio systematic and idiosyncratic market risk, and how to develop risk mitigation plans incorporating rebalancing and risk appetite limits with client mandates.
Reviewed a regional bank’s commercial loan and credit card business. Recommended expanded data for enhancing credit factors (PD, EAD, LGD) and monitoring customer cash flow. Reviewed risk mitigation strategies and processes for recession planning. Analyzed margin impact from Covid-19 revenue declines.